Posted by Jennifer Thomas on 8/23/2019 to DIY Projects
Though fresh-picked Beautyberry (Callicarpa) berries aren't that tasty, they can be used to make an excellent and tasty jelly. It's quite easy to do, just follow the simple instructions below.
1. Place 1 ½ quarts of Callicarpa berries, washed and cleaned, into a pot.
2. Cover the berries with 2 quarts of water.
3. Boil 20 minutes and strain to make infusion.
4. Use 3 cups of the infusion and bring to boil. Then add 1 envelope Sure-Jell and 4 ½ cups sugar.
5. Bring to second boil and boil 2 minutes.
6. Remove from heat and let stand until foam forms. Skim off foam, pour into sterilized jars, cap.
Hope this info was helpful. Don't hesitate to let us know if you need more details.
Plant Long & Prosper!